Finally finished!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I have finally finished this contraption with the exception of a long220 3 prong extension cord cause the fittings for this are hard to find but my brother is an electrician and has connections at a place that can special order these parts for me. I need the male and female 3 pronged 30 amp plugs that would go on a dryer or range and none of the big home improvement stores carry them, only a 6' cord, they dont even carry and plugs with this configuration. And the cord itself is $2.25 a ft. and I need 25' to brew where I want to outside when its warm out so that I dont have all that moisture and heat in my basement. During the winter I have a range hood that Im going to mount and vent outside. I had most of this done with the exception of the sparge arm and mounting the digital controller and whhelss which I just finished up today after having to drag this system out yesterday morning and batch sparge. The sparge arm seems to work ok decent but we'll see once there is a grain bed in there.
Spargearm.jpg

HLTandMLT.jpg

Sculpturedone.jpg

wow! nice set up im gonna tell DNW to stop by this thread and see hownur set up is!! NICE

its all electric so no worry about running out of propane or the wind blowing the damn flame out like what used to happen when I was using the turkey fryer. That pissed me off!!!!!!! :m

OK so when are you gonna christen it? Whats the next batch?

BTW there is another pallet grain buy comming up. so if in the S. Jersey area PM me.

I used it yesterday with the exception of the wheels and the sparge arm. Dragging it out without the whels was what finally made me finish this darn thing. I broke a light bulg tilting it to slide it out of my basement as I have a low ceileing down there, exactly 6' 8 1/2' at the floor joists and some of the pipes and the light fixtures are even lower. and hen there is the structural beam which we have to tilt our heads down just a tad or "bonk"! Went to the depot to get teh trest of the fittings for the sparge arm today and then made it up as i didnt like the dumping of the sparge water too much, really disrupted the grain bed bt accident so vorlaufing was a little moer then wanted. I did ok considering it was really tye first time with the Ekeggle and HLT. I dont have the rabge hood hooked up yet in the basement so I used a fan and my wood shop air cleaner to help vent the moisture out and thats why Im having my brother make me a 220 extension cord for that dryer outlet.

Back