filters

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larry

Reaction score
Hello all and a good day to all. what does everyone prefer the mini jet filter or the all in one? I do understand the all in one you can do more with it but one question on it do you have to buy the filter like from home depot or does it come with the AIO? Thank you all for your help.

The questions I would have are:
1) What is the quality consistency of filters not designed for filtering wine - Will the alcohol in the wine break down the filter material.
2) What level of filtration are you going to get
3) Are the housings and fittings for standard house filters safe for use with acidic liquids like wine as well as any potential reaction with alcohol. Perhaps some are safe and others ???
Maybe enough have used the house filters safely that there is no cause for concern but if you don't ask you don't find out. Just as people tell us not to use just any food grade container for wine fermentation.

thank you scooter those are very good and important questions. I have one more can the filter be rinsed out and used again before it dries? I am talking on different types of wine?

You can rinse them off but realistically very few types of fiters of any kind can be cleaned.
Particulates get caught deep within the media on the way in and remain even if you have a way to force flow backwards though it.

Here is a link of what I suggest - https://www.allinonewinepump.com/product/wine-filter-setup/

These are a poly spun filter ( plastic ) I took the following statement off their website (below )

P Series cartridges are designed for purity. They will not impart taste, odor or color to the liquid being filtered when used within the recommended temperature limit. Additionally, the polypropylene construction provides superior chemical resistance and is not prone to bacterial attack.

housing =
taken specs from Amazon =
This Pentek 158116 1/4" #10 Slim Line clear filter housing is suitable for low flow rate applications that have space restrictions. The sump is made of clear styrene-acrylonitrile (SAN) for on-site viewing of flow and cartridge condition, and the cap is made of reinforced blue polypropylene for strength and resistance to chemicals. The cap has 1/4" female National Pipe Thread Taper (NPT) threaded input and output connections and a nitrile butadiene rubber (Buna-N) O-ring to ensure a watertight seal. The housing can be used with a 10" x 2-1/2" sediment or carbon filter cartridge (sold separately). It has an initial pressure drop of 2 pounds per square inch (psi) at a flow rate of 3 gallons per minute (gpm), a maximum operating pressure of 125 psi, and a maximum operating temperature of 125 degrees F (51.7 degrees C). This filter housing is for use in various applications, including residential drinking water filtration, food service, and humidifying systems, among others.

I've used both the superjet and the AIO with whole house filter, and it's not even close.
The superjet I always was leaking and even squirting wine all over the place, I lost a bunch. No matter how I tightened it, always leaked. It seemed to clog much easier, and the first bit out always had a paper taste.

AIO with the whole house filters is in another league. I have so little waste,like a few glasses of wine, and a single filter got me through over 15 gallons and was still working fine.

I've used both the superjet and the AIO with whole house filter, and it's not even close.
The superjet I always was leaking and even squirting wine all over the place, I lost a bunch. No matter how I tightened it, always leaked. It seemed to clog much easier, and the first bit out always had a paper taste.

AIO with the whole house filters is in another league. I have so little waste,like a few glasses of wine, and a single filter got me through over 15 gallons and was still working fine.

Try tipping the housing upside down at the end and u will probably loose even less wine

Last edited:
thank you all very much. I cannot wait till the AIO gets here to try and use.

Latest posts

Back