Filters

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redtrk

Winemaking dysfunctional
Reaction score
I've been searching the threads here and doing Google searches for wine filters. I can find them that hook up to a transfer pump but do they make one that will work with siphon?

Yes, its called the Vinbrite Filter and its what Ive been using for years. Its slow though and takes about 45 minutes to do 6 gallons. I usually set it up and do something else while thats filtering.
http://www.finevinewines.com/p-432-5292.aspx
Filtering-1.jpg

I have this type of filter and it is taking forever to filter my cabernet sauvignon kit i have maybe 1 gallon in over an hour, am i doing something wrong, the white wine go a lot faster

It takes me 45 minutes to do 6 gallons! The key to doing any filtering is to make sure your wine is basically clear already!!! Next trick is to keep your racking cane at least 1" above the sediment on the bottom until the very last second cause you dont want to clog it first thing or its Asta La Vista (spelling?) Baby!!!!!!! Any filter is not supposed to filter a dirty wine, its just supposed to prevent sediment in the bottles usually instead bulk ageing about 1 year or to pollish a white wine to make it bright!

I use the Boun Vino Mini-Jet. You can also use it for racking. Will filter 6 gal 12 minutes.

MiniJet.jpg

Rick,

I'll make you a deal. When you are ready to filter, I'll load my buon mini jet into the saddle bag of the bike, and meet you half way.. Cost for you.................. pay for the filter + 1 yes only 1 Bottle of wine.

Sounds good to me as i'm always up for a ride. Wine just makes them better.

Back