Filtering

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony_Tiz

Reaction score
I have a question about sanitizing and filtering. I'm looking to get the Buon Vino Super Jet. When using KMeta to sanitize the filter pads and tubes before filtering wine, do I need to run regular water through it to flush the KMeta out?

I have a question about sanitizing and filtering. I'm looking to get the Buon Vino Super Jet. When using KMeta to sanitize the filter pads and tubes before filtering wine, do I need to run regular water through it to flush the KMeta out?

I don’t filter much with my super jet, but when it’s used, this is the process:
  1. Soak the pads in sulfite solution, then install them.
  2. Put the intake and discharge tubes into a gallon jug of sulfite and circulate through for several minutes.
  3. With the pump still running, pull the intake tube from the jug and allow as much solution as possible to be removed and pumped back into the sulfite jug.
  4. Put the intake into the wine to be filtered, output into the sink.
  5. Start pump and allow all non wine fluid to flow into the sink, stop the pump when wine starts flowing.
  6. Insert discharge into the target vessel, start the pump, and filter.

I have a mini jet...I soak my filters in solution of citric acid (as per instructions) aside from the good sani habits above.....that's all....
though I haven't found need for it with anything other than fruit wines ive made (peach and strawberry)....the grapes seem to clear fine with normal racking...

Latest posts

Back