Filtering Pictures

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedNeckWino

Reaction score
Many ask about filtering. I'll start a thread of filtering pictures. Hope a few others can post also.

The first one is using pressure to push through a whole house filter. The bucket that is receiving was cleaned and sterilized then filled with co2 to keep down oxidation. Did it with the lid off in hope of showing a bit more. Normally after i shoot the co2 I would put the lid back on and vent through the hole for the air lock.

Second is the VinBrite. I finnish with this one now just to polish the wine. The gold colored carboy is skeeter pee already finished. The red being filtered is a blackberry second wine.

Third is the whole house filter again. Vacuum racking and filtering. This wine is Strawberry Chocolate.
101_2459.jpg
101_2308.jpg
101_2462.jpg

Last edited:
First picture it looks as though you are using the pump as a compressor and pushing the wine out of carboy, is that correct. Last is definately set up vacuum racking judging from the picture.

My pump actually does both. First pic is pushing, last one is pulling. The vacuum is faster though. And easier on the wine. The thought was for the number of posts I have read asking if you can use pressure, how do you hook it up ect.. The regulator is medical. The pump is aspirator, but light industrial.

I filtered 6 carboys today with my enolmatic filter and vacuum pump set at 8". Every time I tried to time how long it was taking I would forget to look at the end as I was more worried about over flowing the receiving carboy. I believe it took about 3 minutes though to do each carboy.

Latest posts

Back