Fill Jet Filler Head

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpfan

Reaction score
I have been asked about a comment I made in another thread. I mentioned that there were two different styles of filler head for theBuon Vino Fill Jet. The attached picture is of the OLD STYLE head. I could not find my new style head.

Note the old head has a black cap and a chrome or stainless base. The pictures on the Buon Vino site show a fullblack head.

If you have a Fill Jet with an old head, you can order a new head from Buon Vino. Make sure that you get the new mounting plate and instructions. Be prepared to drill some holes.

Steve

20101017_134705_Fill_Jet_Head_-.jpg

Hi Steve...what happened to yours that you needed a new head? and how many bottles did it have under its belt?

I had two Fill Jets for my Ferment on Premises. Running 50-100 30 bottle batches per month from Sept 2001 to Sept 2007.

I had various problems with the filler heads over the years.Biggest problem was not shutting off properly. Can't remember what is wrong with the pictured head. Just know that I should find the new head and install it before using the filler.

Steve

the issue w shutting off properly is usually induced by some sediment/pulp/chips finding their way up into the head

Al Fulchino said:
the issue w shutting off properly is usually induced by some sediment/pulp/chips finding their way up into the head
Filtered kit wine. No pulp, no chips. Maybevery little sediment occasionally.

Fill Jet rinsed well after use, sanitized before use.

Steve

Latest posts

Back