files format.

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
This is not an exhaustive list, but I know that you can attach files with pdf, jpg, png, zip...

What format do you have?

franc1969

Reaction score
What sort of files does the forum allow? I can't seem to find the right format.
Whichever you choose, if it is not working from mobile phone or tablet, try it from desktop instead. I find that I can't add photos or view any files unless I get off of mobile.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What type of mobile are you using? And the loaded mobile browser or something like Chrome or Firefox for mobile?
What size and type of file are your images?

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
attachment links currently okay. If you have another to put in the list, just let me know.

zip
txt
pdf
png
jpg
jpeg
jpe
gif

srcorndog

srcorndog
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I just need to learn how to reduce the photo size to a smaller size so I can down load. I take pictures with my camera and down load when I try to load it tells me the image is to large I use jpeg. I will have just to learn how to work out my problem
Thanks

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The maximum file size for a photo is ~5MB. If your getting a fize size too large message you will have to down size it to something smaller using whatever photo app you are using on your computer.

I just need to learn how to reduce the photo size to a smaller size so I can down load. I take pictures with my camera and down load when I try to load it tells me the image is to large I use jpeg. I will have just to learn how to work out my problem
Thanks

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try again I've set it from 4096 kb to 10240 kb

Also, if that is not big enough, what is the size of the files you are trying to upload?

winemaker81

wine dabbler
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I use 2 tools to adjust photos. First is TinyPng, a web site that performs photo compression. A limited number of photos can be compressed for free each day. I use it enough I pay $25 for the professional membership, but it's not necessary.

Second, I use paint.net, a free graphics manipulation program. It has a steep learning curve, so when I need to do something new, I have to search on it. However, once I understand how to do something, it works efficiently and does a great job.

To crop a picture, select the Rectangle Select tool on the toolbar and draw a box around the area you want to keep. Select Image --> Crop To Selection to execute the crop.

To resize a picture, select Image --> Resize ...

Make sure the Maintain Aspect Ratio checkbox is checked, then change either the Height or Width; the other attribute is automatically adjusted. I typically change the Height to 4, 5, or 6.

paintnet.png

There are other tools for both compressing and resizing, at varying costs from free to $$$.

Raptor99

Fruit Wine Alchemist
Reaction score
I use a free graphics program called irfanview. It won't crop, but you can resize pictures. To post on the forum, try setting the width to 1024px or something smaller. It is simple, fast, and easy to use. For heavy duty image editing I use the free open source program GIMP. It can do most everything that Photoshop can do, but it has a steep learning curve.