Cellar Craft Ferrari Bottle filler

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anodari

Reaction score
I just bottle a Cellar Craft Amarone and had some filling issues. Some of them, my fault. I used a siphon hose while the bottle filler was attached, it was tough to get it to siphon unless I turned on the filler. That was ok, as long as you remember to turn it off when you pull it out??? Doh! I got the hang of it, but it still leaks out of the double switch on top where you shut it off. I know its not suppose to do that. It leaked way too much.

However, I realized a few things. Let me know if you concur.

*Don’t bottle from carboy.
*Rack carboy until all sediment and gross lees are gone
*Use a spigot instead of a siphon

I rack from my carboy into the bucket when I bottle, then attach my hose to the spigot. It works for me. I really like the Ferrari. I only have that problem 1 to 2 bottles out of 30 where it leaks out of the top. Try twisting down on the top a little bit to adjust the amount of flow, that might help.

1 - don't agree
2 - Very Important
3 - never used a spigot - but I've also never used a Ferrari bottle filler

We use a siphon with a simple bottle filling wand. We bottle out of carboys or primaries - whatever works that day.

Steve

1 I rack to a bucket .. just easier.. If clear bottle from carboy.
2 YES! this may take quite a few depending on the wine
3 never as below is what I use. Boun Vino Bottle Filler. well worth it and much easier than the "wand".

picture.php

Recently purchased a ferrari but have yet to figure a configuration that would work well. Think we've figured it out and it'll be from a bucket with a spigot.

Will let you know.

I bottle from carboys all the time but thats only because Ive racked my wines a enough times that there is nothing on the bottom of the carboy, if you have sediment on the bottom of the carboy i dont recommend doing so unless you have mastered bottling without disturbing whats on the bottom.

From a 1 gallon glass carboy I syphon my wine into a 1 gallon plastic water bottle and then pour from this via a funnel into my bottles. No messing with taps or sqeezing tubes to stop the flow and it seems to work well.
texteditor.

I bottle from carboys all the time but thats only because Ive racked my wines a enough times that there is nothing on the bottom of the carboy, if you have sediment on the bottom of the carboy i dont recommend doing so unless you have mastered bottling without disturbing whats on the bottom.

I also rack only from clean carboys or buckets free of all sediment. The filler that Tom is using I feel is the best in its price range.

From a 1 gallon glass carboy I syphon my wine into a 1 gallon plastic water bottle and then pour from this via a funnel into my bottles. No messing with taps or sqeezing tubes to stop the flow and it seems to work well.
texteditor.

Do you feel comfortable enough you're not introducing to much oxygen? Most of us are bottling from 5-6 gallon carboys.

Bucket with spigot to bottles, may go back to filling from a gallon jug thru a funnel like textediter. :b

I just bottle a Cellar Craft Amarone and had some filling issues. Some of them, my fault. I used a siphon hose while the bottle filler was attached, it was tough to get it to siphon unless I turned on the filler. That was ok, as long as you remember to turn it off when you pull it out??? Doh! I got the hang of it, but it still leaks out of the double switch on top where you shut it off. I know its not suppose to do that. It leaked way too much.

However, I realized a few things. Let me know if you concur.

My first Ferrari leaked around the double tabs ... what a mess! I contacted midwest and they sent me another one. Works great - no leaks!

Once I get the slow dripping leak problem at the spigot solved, I'll have a mess free bottling setup :)

Founded upon over 50 years of winemaking heritage and developed by professional winemakers.International grapes, chosen from vineyards in over 16 regions of 8 countries on 4 continents.Produced in state-of-the-art facilities with temperature controlled cellars; a flash pasteurizing

Dear mr shaunmedrik. you have been voted off the Island!These spammers mostly all come from the same country and he had five other similer posts.

Last edited:
And I drove the BOAT .. BTW I had him WALK THE PLANK past the 3 mile limit (like 50mi out).

Latest posts

Back