fermenting buckets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larry

Reaction score
i was just wondering if it would be ok to use square buckets for fermentation? I noticed that most people use round.They are food grade by the way.Thank you

They can be what ever shap you want as long as they are food grade and no chemicals have been stored in them that could permiate the plastic and then leech into your wine.

Yup, I used to use square buckets kitty litter came in for gallon batches that were the same plastic as the round fermenters. No issue at all.

Ha, it seems people will ferment any thing around here. Why not cat crap? LOLOLOLOL

The only problem with square buckets is that when you're done you will have to find square bottles.:p

All those little yeasties get used to the corners, and they will get tired out if you put them on a circle track.:d:d:D

Hey Mike, I live with three cats and they resent that. You outta see the way they look at me when the wine is making all those funky smells. At least for now they blame each other!!!

Hey Mike, I live with three cats and they resent that. You outta see the way they look at me when the wine is making all those funky smells. At least for now they blame each other!!!

Troy... what kind of yeast are you using? I know Montrachet is notorious for it's elephant farts if you don't use enough nutrient.

Latest posts

Back