Fermentation surprise

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonboy6692.ja

Reaction score
I racked Mulberry wine from primary fermenter into secondary. The fermentation was dead on arrival in secondary fermenter. I got worried. Not one bubble went through fermentation lock. I tasted it. It fermented to dryness in the primary fermenter!! It was in primary for only 5 days.

I racked Mulberry wine from primary fermenter into secondary. The fermentation was dead on arrival in secondary fermenter. I got worried. Not one bubble went through fermentation lock. I tasted it. It fermented to dryness in the primary fermenter!! It was in primary for only 5 days.
What is the reading on your hydrometer?

During warmer weather, I've seen fermentations go fairly quickly. When mine went too quickly (3 days) they were smelling a little like a Zoo.

Latest posts

Back