Fermentation Stuck At 1.000

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artooks

Reaction score
Hi,

Everyone, when I checked the gravity on day 8 the gravity was 1.000 next day I check it was the same this morning I checked again it's the same no change at all, so can we say that the fermentation got stuck if so how can we fix it ?

What kind of wine are you making? The answers will depend on a lot of factors. Are you under airlock or in a bucket? What was your starting SG and what type of yeast did you use?

In general, you may be stuck, you may be done, or it may restart. If using whole grapes if you press, it may finish out. At SG 1.000 it will be hard to restart with more yeast because there is not enough sugar to feed the yeast. The best route may be best to rack off the lees and leave it to finish on it's own.

What kind of wine are you making? The answers will depend on a lot of factors. Are you under airlock or in a bucket? What was your starting SG and what type of yeast did you use?

In general, you may be stuck, you may be done, or it may restart. If using whole grapes if you press, it may finish out. At SG 1.000 it will be hard to restart with more yeast because there is not enough sugar to feed the yeast. The best route may be best to rack off the lees and leave it to finish on it's own.
Hi,

I am making Cabarnet Sauvignon, Not I am not under airlock at the moment, My starting SG was 1.095 and the yeast I used is Fermentis Safoeno UCLM S377

Regardless whether it is done or not, it's in a vulnerable state right now with minimal CO2 production protecting it. I would press ASAP and get it under airlock with minimal headspace. Most likely you'll see tiny bubbles continuing to rise once it acclimates to its new (carboy) home.

Regardless whether it is done or not, it's in a vulnerable state right now with minimal CO2 production protecting it. I would press ASAP and get it under airlock with minimal headspace. Most likely you'll see tiny bubbles continuing to rise once it acclimates to its new (carboy) home.
Yes you are exactly right, that is what I thought to do because now the risk is too high to wait, I would press it tomorrow and hope that it finished in time

Latest posts

Back