Fermentation stopped

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
I have a batch of concord grape from frozen concentrate going that stopped fermenting at 1.010 sg , I've made this wine numerous times usually fermenting for 6-8 weeks till dry less than 1.000 sg . Should I treat this as a stuck fermentation ?

Thanks Russ

more info...
Temp
how long since yeast added. Did you add nutrient?
Which yeast

More info as stated by Tom like starting sg, temp, and how long its been at 1.010 When did you rack and what was sg then and did you stir it up to get most of the yeast at the bottom back into suspension.

70* constant in my basement , red star Montrachet Sept 2012, put together three weeks ago fit air lock two weeks ago added nutrien as per recipe still at 1.010 for two days , just seems quick for the airlock to go level ususlly bubbles for 6 weeks or so and them pushes to one side .

Give it a good stir and take it to the kitchen for a couple hours to warm up.
If no activity, then I'd say it's stopped and needs a starter

What was your starting S.G.? Could it be that the Montrachet has reached the level of alcohol toxicity? It is only tolerant to 13% alcohol. If your starting SG was above 1.105, that could be your problem.

What was your starting S.G.? Could it be that the Montrachet has reached the level of alcohol toxicity? It is only tolerant to 13% alcohol. If your starting SG was above 1.105, that could be your problem.

This could certainly be the case as well.

1.085sg 10 cans frozen concentrate 6 1/4 lbs sugar water to 5 gallons 10 tsp acid blend 5 tsp pectic enzyme5 tsp yeast nutrient

Yea bring the temp up a little. Rack it and stir it and see it you wake up the yeast.

Latest posts

Back