Fermentation Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i did take a reading, no change, if anything it went up and not down...oh well, I am just gonna wait till the fall and make a hard cider

i did take a reading, no change, if anything it went up and not down...oh well, I am just gonna wait till the fall and make a hard cider
sounds delicious! i am planning a spiced apple wine. getting apples in the freezer and ready! be sure and let us know how this goes. i love cider

freezing apples first? I am gonna goto my local orchard and get fresh squeezes cider as my starting point

natural source of pot. sorbate

I havent made blueberry wine personally but I understand blueberries can contain natural amounts of potassium sorbate, which is used to stabilize (read kill yeast off in) wine. I am not sure what chemical you could use to remove or counter the natural sorbate in the berries. It sounds to me that this is exactly what your problem was however.

Actually its Benzoate not sorbate but same principle. There isnt really a chemical that can be added to negate this but making a strong yeast starter and feeding the yeast god with nutrient and energizer usually works well.

untreated how? I thought fresh pressed is watching them load apples in and watching them press the 5 gallons for me.

Latest posts

Back