WineXpert Fermentation complete early?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doodlewine

Reaction score
I was late racking after primary fermentation on my LE Vermintino. 10 days after pitching yeast. Gravity is .990 now. Can I just move to step 3 in the directions ?

There is absolutely no problem with fermenting dry in the primary. A lot of members here do it. However, there isn't anymore co2 bring produced.....so oxygen will be your enemy. I would rack and do the degassing/clearing now. Then, top up with similar wine to get rid of any headspace you may have in your carboy.

There is absolutely no problem with fermenting dry in the primary. A lot of members here do it. However, there isn't anymore co2 bring produced.....so oxygen will be your enemy. I would rack and do the degassing/clearing now. Then, top up with similar wine to get rid of any headspace you may have in your carboy.
Thanks! I went down this morning and degassed/stablized /clarified and topped off with some sav blanc.

Now just let it set in the carboy with an airlock for a week or so then back sweeten if you like. Let it settle @4 months with a rackover @2 months and you'll have a nice clear product in time for fair weather sipping. :h

Latest posts

Back