Fellow Winemaker Video Feedback

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCal

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The grapes for this wine came from my front yard, enough for 6.5 gallons. 23.5 brix, 3.5 pH, mlf, carboy with American oak spiral. This is a bottle I gave to the son of @4Score. He has the best pallet and ability to describe what he is sensing that I know.

I gave him a bottle a few months ago, I think as a thank you for some of his beer. I don't remember why I bottled this 500 ml bottle after 7 months or so and is still only 11 months old total. The video says more about 4Score's son than the wine. I appreciated the feedback, thought some might enjoy.

https://youtu.be/HMc_1_0Whmo

What a wonderful talent to have.

I'd like to commit to memory a transcript of what he said. I'd wait for a large gathering of family and friends and having just poured one of my latest reds recite the tasting just as if it were my own on the spot impressions. It'd freak them out I'm sure.
smilie.gif

Chris is my son and we make wine together with @NorCal (Ken). We regularly ask Chris for his nose and palate help with our wine. If you click on his youtube name, you can see other videos he's done, although in the craft beer arena. People do send him beer to review and I'm sure he'd do any wine as well. His kids (my Grand kids) play a big background part in his videos.

Here's the 1st wine review he did years ago.....I assisted!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSCdjY8jDKY&t=4s[/ame]

Has anyone else is like me (meaning not in the wine "scene" and just enjoy the occasional wine bar and have toured a vineyard or 2) have had this video change the way you approached every new bottle opened since watching this video(s) 2 days ago?
I learned the suck technique from vandergrift YouTube videos) but your son has one heck of a nose! And the winemaking knowledge and pedigree to go along. I'll be looking for him on that sommelier reality show on tv !
Not a bad person to have on your team eh?

Latest posts

Back