Feast or famine! Kind of like rain.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
I have gone the entire beginning of this year, without getting any work. I mean, really, not a single drafting job.
Now in one day, I get three calls for small jobs.
After making no money at all, even these small jobs seem to be a blessing.
I hope it's a sign of things to come!
Whoo Hoooo,,, now maybe I can buy a bottle of Merlot that costs more than $2.97 from WalMart.

I have gone the entire beginning of this year, without getting any work. I mean, really, not a single drafting job.
Whoo Hoooo,,, now maybe I can buy a bottle of Merlot that costs more than $2.97 from WalMart.

Glad you found some work. My wedding photography business is really slow this year. Making my budget kind of tight too.
Can't wait until things get better for the regular people in this world. The bankers and lawyers made out like bandits as always.

A friend of mine went out and got a full time job because his busness was so slow. Shortly after that his phone started ringing off the hook. You're right Feast or Famine.

I work for a GM dealership.. We are one of the lucky ones, and did not get a termination letter. Right now things are going very well for us! We had quite a few dealerships around us close, and have picked up new customers. I do feel really bad for all the people that lost their jobs when dealerships closed, but luckily with the increased business we were able to hire some of them. Another exciting thing we have going is our new performance division..

LINK

We have definately seen alot of lows in our business, but things are starting to come back, and the years ahead should be awesome! (crossing fingers)

BTW.. I see we have some GM fans in this forum.. I work in the parts dept and have access to the old Fiero catalogs, along with all the other makes/models of course. Lots of Fiero parts are discontinued obviously, but I can still get part numbers etc to help in your search. Just let me know if you have any questions. Also, if anyone is ever in the Albany area, I would love to give you a tour of our new performance division showroom we are in the process of opening.. Lots of new and exciting vehicles are coming, including a LSX454 pickup truck. So far we have sold over 30 units all across the country, and have a nationwide commercial coming out soon.

My wife on the other hand just found out she is losing her teaching job next fall.. Her school is actually going to be closed. Not a good time to be a teacher, at least here in upstate NY.. Just about every district has announced major cutbacks, so finding another job for her is going to be tough.. So as good as things are going for me, we are devestated that she is losing her job..

Feast & Famine for sure, so tonight we will both drink to celebrate, and to drown our sorrows....

:dg

Last edited:
Glad to hear you have some work coming your way.

However, don't dis the $2.97 Oak leaf.....pretty good product for the price...haha.

BTW.. I see we have some GM fans in this forum.. I work in the parts dept and have access to the old Fiero catalogs, along with all the other makes/models of course. Lots of Fiero parts are discontinued obviously, but I can still get part numbers etc to help in your search. Just let me know if you have any questions.

:dg

That's a kind offer. I've pretty much given up on calling dealers for Fiero parts unless I want to make the parts guy there laugh.:D
Larry

That's a kind offer. I've pretty much given up on calling dealers for Fiero parts unless I want to make the parts guy there laugh.:D
Larry

Yes, I will admit some of the guys here chuckle a bit when we get those calls.. We actually had someone call on parts for a corvair the other day!! I've been doing this since 1987, so I've seen alot of changes.. Don't be afraid to ask me for anything.. I have the ability to print and fax, or email illustrations, catalog text, etc..

Check out this page... ----->LINK

The guy who posted this stuff is a member at another forum I frequent.. He has like 8 fieros and if you look around that site a bit, you'll find alot of useful info..

Darryl,
Very cool performance division, those are some sweet rides.

I work for GM in one of its aluminum foundrys, SMCO we cast heads, v8 aluminum blocks, and 4cyl L850 blocks.

Hope you sell lots of cars.:D You guys offer some reallly cool alternatives to the standard line up.

I really appreciate all the well wishes and hope.
Even on the forums I frequent, there are different groups of people and so many have no idea just how bad it really is in the real world today.
I have no ill feelings against anyone who has made their life comfortable. I'm actually happy for them. When I tell friends that I don't really care who has how much they find it hard to believe. And really I don't. Look at all the unhappy movie stars and athletes who don't realize just how great they have it.
I just wish that everyone who goes out and works a hard days work for his pay would have it easier to survive without having to dodge all those who gladly step on someone else to move up the ladder of life.

I hear you there! We have been extremely slow at work but all the sudden we have more work then we can shake a stick at and they all want them now. These are all high end very intricate stairs that take like 2-3 weeks a pce. and we dont have the man power to produce all these stairs in the time frame they want now because all of them have been sitting on these jobs for a few months and then bam, all the drawings are approved and can we get our stairs by the end of the month. The owner says he is going to come down and bring the salesman down with him to buld some of these stairs. I cant freaking wait to see this!!!!!!! Its going to be a serious comedy show as he is not a great wood worker but can really over complicate the hell out of everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im very glad you are now experiencing some work flow and hope it keeps up so that maybe we can all get this country back on its feet cause lord knows the government cant do it!

Latest posts

Back