Fastest SkeeterPee fermentation?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M38A1

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm dumbfounded at this batch....

I'm 46 hours since tossing the SP lemonade 'stock' into a just-finished-strawberry-dragons-blood-yeast-slurry and it's sitting at 1.010 tonight. Less than 48 hours from 'yeast pitch' to this point.

The strawberry DB was using EC-1118. I mixed the lemonade stock and let it sit 24 hours before emptying the strawberry out of the primary and then dumping lemonade SP stock in.

Has anyone else had such a quick ferment time? House is set to 80*F during the day is my guess.

just a guess on my part, but I think it is because the yeast population is pretty high and therefore there is no lag time to build the colony. I noticed the same when making second run wine that fermentation was sometime less that two days on a 7 gallon batch.

just a guess on my part, but I think it is because the yeast population is pretty high and therefore there is no lag time to build the colony. I noticed the same when making second run wine that fermentation was sometime less that two days on a 7 gallon batch.

Ah, learned a new term "second run wine".... Thanks.
I'll check tonight, and I'm guessing it will be dry at .990.

Latest posts

Back