Fast Ferment Fruit Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only info I can find is do both fermentations in same fermentor and when done and degased , bottle. I have a fast ferment and dont know how to use it with fresh fruit. Any help appricated

You must be talking about the FastFerment System. Used for both primary and secondary fermentation. I misunderstood your question. Unfortunately, I know nothing about them. Maybe someone here has one or has used one.
Google fastferment. The instructions are available online.

Last edited:
Tough to use when you have fruit and fruit pulp. A bag is normally used and that defeats the purpose of the conical fermenter as a sealed system. Perhaps for secondary part of ferment when you can remove the fruit bag and let things settle out.

The amount of fruit solids would clog the opening. 5-7 lbs of blueberries adds up to a lot of skins seeds etc. That's the amount that it takes to make a good blueberry wine.

The instructions indicate, "we recomend using only juice or concentrate to make wine."
There appears to be a screw on lid on this thing, maybe 4 to 5 inches in width, so it's probably possible to put a fruit bag in.
For me, I'll just stick to the old plastic brew bucket.
This seems to be a PITA. More a beer thing.
Happy day to everyone!:ib

Yeah, I've almost been tempted but then I see my buckets and how much I have to clean them to remove previous ferment smell and color. Even a peach batch takes a good soap and water, sanitize then another wash sometimes even after a couple of months sitting. Can't imagine trying to clean that conical shape, and the valve etc.

have not tried to clean yet, might have to throw over fence and get the bucket back out lol

We have 2 FF, one for beer and one for wine. We find them very easy to clean. I have floated bags of both fruit and oak in the FF, with no problems. My hubbie is the beer maker, and although his FF stinks like beer, he also has had no issues with cleaning. The only small nuisance is the valve, as when you turn it to open/close, a little bit of liquid gets "stuck" up in there. But now that we know about it it is fine, but when we didnt know, we found sediment coming out while cleaning, and we did uinderstand where it was coming from. While cleaning it, to clean out the valve, we open it very slightly to let the cleaning water drain through it and then open and close it when we spray the sanitizer in before we start our batches. We love our Fast Ferments! I think I may try the leaving hubbies out in the sun to see if that helps with the beer smell, once he's done this batch! Oh, and I do rack to carboys for bulk aging with my wine.

Back