Fall 2018 crush and pictures.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have put 21, but that's pushing it and the caps starts to come close to the top, 19 cases is what I maxed out in each was perfect no overflow about 6" left to the top with cap pushing up.
Mike

Thanks first time I’m using this kind of fermentor was thinking 15 cases would fit but I might be able to go 17 now.

Hmmm, I think something is missing. Where is the picture of your beautiful bride and helper? Or was she taking the pictures (as she should be)?

Those grapes look pretty darn good (I'm having a bout of grape envy).

Unfortunately Lori is shooting a wedding up in the Allentown area today. So this was a solo crush day.

The grapes do look pretty good. I understand the feeling

Unfortunately Lori is shooting a wedding up in the Allentown area today. So this was a solo crush day.

The grapes do look pretty good. I understand the feeling
The life of a photographer, much like someone in the health care industry (my wife Barb), lot's of weekend work.

Keep posting the pictures, thanks!

GRAPE-CRUSH.jpg

Pressed on Friday, Racked off Gross Lees On Sunday, Yielded 110 Gallons of Old Vine Zin, & 45 Gallons of Cab/Sangiovese. Inoculated with Chris Hanson CH16 and put to rest for a few weeks, next test for ML fermentation.
Thanks again for all you answers and input. This wine at this point looks and tastes like its already 3 month old,really hard to believe how good it taste at this point.
MikeP1060389 (640x480) (640x480).jpg P1060394 (640x480).jpg P1060397 (640x480).jpg P1060398 (640x480).jpg P1060403 (640x480).jpg P1060400 (640x480).jpg 20181005_114916(1) (533x640).jpg

IMG_7478.JPG IMG_7481.JPG Pressed today and my neighbor came by to help. 7.75 gallons of Cabernet Sauvignon, 7.75 gallons of Syrah, 7.5 gallons of Zinfandel and 6.5 gallons of Petite Sirah. All are tasting good so far, but my fave at this point is the Zin, followed by the PS.

View attachment 51520 View attachment 51521 Pressed today and my neighbor came by to help. 7.75 gallons of Cabernet Sauvignon, 7.75 gallons of Syrah, 7.5 gallons of Zinfandel and 6.5 gallons of Petite Sirah. All are tasting good so far, but my fave at this point is the Zin, followed by the PS.

So the fun is almost over for this fall, kind of sad. My PS and Touriga are really tannic, too hard for me to get an indication of the taste.

So the fun is almost over for this fall, kind of sad. My PS and Touriga are really tannic, too hard for me to get an indication of the taste.

Yep, the 'heavy lifting' is over for sure. I thought the PS was really good yesterday.

Let me know if you end up going to S&S.

Latest posts

Back