Faces Label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After Googling for a mosaic software for the mac I downloaded one. It is amazingly cool. I took a photo of my stepdaughter and her husband from the wedding and created it using other pics from the wedding.

This thing is bad a$$. In the beginning I had too many photos (@1,000) and it kept shutting down so I made it with less photos in the final photo. From about 10 feet you can see them but as you get closer you see hundreds of tiny pictures.

I think if I take the original picture and quarter it, mosaic it then piece it together to print I can get much better quality.

Thanks for the idea. This just opened up more doors for me.

After Googling for a mosaic software for the mac I downloaded one. It is amazingly cool. I took a photo of my stepdaughter and her husband from the wedding and created it using other pics from the wedding.

This thing is bad a$$. In the beginning I had too many photos (@1,000) and it kept shutting down so I made it with less photos in the final photo. From about 10 feet you can see them but as you get closer you see hundreds of tiny pictures.

I think if I take the original picture and quarter it, mosaic it then piece it together to print I can get much better quality.

Thanks for the idea. This just opened up more doors for me.
Hey Steve, What program did you get? Post use some pictures!

MacOsaiX is the program and yes Wade it's free. I started with using over 1,000 photos to use to build the photo but it kept shutting down. I believe it said on a forum to build the photo with a few pieces rather than all at once. I didn't have time to mess with it as we had weddings to do this weekend.

Here is one I did @700 pictures. When it was building the first few I tried there was a lot of detail and it was really cool. This one is not as definitive as I want but I just need to learn more. I can think of a few things to use this for.

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=768

If you look at it from a distance you'd get the picture. Again I'm still learning.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back