F-pack helped

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WineYooper

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions on what I thought was a poor batch of Raspberry. I made up the 2 cup sugar 1 cup water syrup and added some to my 5 gallon and my 1/2 gallon top off jug. The amount I added to the 1/2 gallon was too much so it got sweeter than I prefer but it definitly brought out the flavor and bouquet. I tried to measure out for the five gallon but will not know how it is for awhile yet, should be ok just from the volume relationship on what was added in comparison to the 1/2 gal. Either way it is a vast improvement from where it was. The 1/2 gal is gone already, oops, no top off left.
Have 5 gal & 1/2 gal of blackberry in bulk for almost six months and racked twice now, looks, smells, and tastes great.

Excellent elsa, glad you can seee the future in what you created. Keep us posted for sure, hearing everyones success inspires us all.

Troy

Elsa did yuo take a SG reading after you added your sweetener ? Just curious to what it is .

Sorry for the delay, I got tired and took a 7:00 A.M. nap, not sleeping well at night for some reason, 4 hours last night. No I did not take a S.G. reading and I have to ask, might I see a difference from what it has been since it has been racked twice? This is basically my first time with two batches going at once. I am going out x-countrying in and hour but could definitely do this. In Sept. I had an S.G. of .990 @ 75F providing I read it right. I will go and check it now since you have me curious.

Yes there should be a difference in the SG now that yuo sweetened it .

Checked the S.G. and found it to be .990 at 59F in basement. Doesn't look like it changed. Have not tasted this 5 gal carboy, maybe I did not add enough to see a change. I will sample some when I get back from ski. How appropriate! Will let you know later. Thank you.

Theived sample

Pulled off a small amount and found it had improved in taste and smell. I am going to leave as is and not run the risk of over sweetening. The lesson learned here is use 6-8# of berries to begin with instead of the 3#/gallon the recipe called for. Now a little wait to bottle after a final rack in a month or two.

Good for you. We see this alot in here where people don't use enough poundage of fruit. There are tons of recipes out there that are clearly lacking in the amount of fruit. Alot of beginers follw these recipes and later find out there wine is coming out thin. Next time you whip up a batch, pop in and tell us what you want to do before you even start. We all could probably help you from making that error. Glad to hear your wine is aging nicely..

Troy

wonder how yooper's blackberry has turned out? checking out everything on blackberries...

Lambrusco

I am new here and would like to know about making lambrusco wine from concentrate and how it turned out,I wiil be thankful for all information

Welcome Loggie, sorry i missed this post earlier. There arent many Lambrusco kits out there but one company does a decent job of it with a cheaper kit and then a real good job of it with an all juice version which is your best version out there. I would not go with one of those little cans of concentrate if I were you. here is 2 links for you to look at from a very good source for buying kits and wine and beer making supplies.
http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDet.asp?PartNumber=VN48
http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDet.asp?PartNumber=MMS48
I know you are new here but do try to start your own post next time as it will be more noticed there and much less of a chance of getting over looked as it did for so long.

Latest posts

Back