F-pac question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtydog420

Reaction score
Having done several batches of wine of the past two years, I have never made a f-pac before.. there are a couple I have back sweetened, but I enjoy the taste/flavor of the fermented fruit on its own..

Just wondering if anyone else does this or do most add f-pacs?

I don't normally, but I have, depending on the fruit flavor when I go to backsweeten. I don't use simple syrup to backsweeten with, I always draw out some wine and sweeten that, so I am never diluting the wine. And I try to use at least 5# of fruit or 6#. But it the fruit flavor is weak, I will make an f-pac

I make a f-pac for all my fruit wines. then again I like a fruit forward taste.

At some point, when I have more funds than I do, I'd like to try making f-pac's for a gallon or two for fruit flavor but my thought was that I enjoy dry red wine best as a general rule, so I don't want my blueberry and elderberry to be sweetened...

I have just back sweetened my key lime, which needs it, my cranberry which needs it, and my first ever wine, pear. Mostly sweetened pear cause I made it way too strong...

Latest posts

Back