Experienced Wine Label Designer: new to forum

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romanpayne

Junior
Reaction score
Last edited:
Roman, first off welcome to the forum. Nice article and thanks for posting. Please consider becoming a sponsor if you wish to solicit our members for business.

Welcome to Wine Making Talk!

I read your well written article and took to heart many of the points you made. Your last point about using humor... I'm in total agreement concerning tasteless or edgy humor. Unlike you however I don't believe, in the proper context, a humorous label shows disrespect for the ancient art of wine making. Many of the bottles of wine I gift are to family and friends with labels carrying a personal, sometimes humorous, message and/or graphic. My purpose is to bring a little more joy to the gifting than what I believe the same bottle of wine with a generic would provide. A number of folks have kept their bottles because of the personalized label. A friend I made last year in hunting camp, Mike, refuses even to open his bottle of Washington Merlot because of its personalized humorous message. I'm told he keeps it prominently displayed on a shelf in his basement bar.

I think Mike's smile sums up my point...

MikeCB2.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your replies... and to you Bill, for your thought-provoking reply, I have to agree with you that "insulting the ancient art of wine-making" is probably too strong of a statement-at least where giving wine as gifts is concerned.

To you others, I will look into becoming a sponsor, thanks.

Roman

Latest posts

Back