Experience with Super Kleer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omerta

Reaction score
For those with experience with Super Kleer...
How long do you let this stuff go to work?

I remember my kits acted a little different. I noticed a large mass of "gunk" formed at the top of the carboy and this settled to the bottom.
The Super Kleer isn't doing this. I did rack off the fine lees before adding SK.

I've used it a couple of times. It usually clears anywhere from 12 to 48 hours. After it's done you still want to give your carboy a couple of quick turns a couple of times a day and let it set for at least a week before racking it to a clean carboy.

I have never used it for wine but have used it for our alcohol base and the dealer gave some to Hubby for his first beer kit ( yeah I said gave ) guess he figures if it turns out well he will make more . I just went & checked it and I'm surprise how clear it is .
Omerta I assume it a batch of wine from scratch you are talking about . It takes atleast 2 days to really show how good it works .Just 1 warning with this don't give any wine ,beer Etc to anyone that has a severe shellfish allergy if you put super kleer in it .

thanks for the input. today is the third day. i'll rack it tonight.

I've been using it for about 2 years. It usually looks like it works in a few days, but stuff still falls so I give it 2 weeks.

Latest posts

Back