Exceptional Kit for under $100?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country

Reaction score
Do you have any reccomendations for an under $100 kit. Particularly interested in dry reds but open to anything. I’ll add our favorites so far:

#1- WE IS Sangiovese
#2- WE IS Chile Pinot Noir

RJS Sangiovese Merlot ($80). I aged in heavy French oak and it turned out great! It's pretty soft on the tannin, but packed with flavor.

tthe pricing on a wine kit is dependent on the retailer. I would suggest browsing some on line sellers to get the best price for any wine kit. check out Label Peelers.

You can get WE Selection International kits for under $100 at some sites. For $102-115 you can get WE SI w/skins or an Eclipse w/skins, their top level kits. Many dry reds to choose from. Good luck

Break it down to cost per bottle and then decide if you really need to be under $3.50 per bottle

I just found a stray bottle of a World Vineyard Pinot Grigio kit I did back at the beginning of 2016 (1/9/2016). It was $72 shipped ($15.99 to ship it) and a habitual PG drinker at my work place said it was very good (she's had a few of my wines, tends to drink the 1.5L Cavit PG most of the time, she's my main PG taster other than my wife). I find the white kits get drinkable pretty fast (6 mos to a year), where the dry red kits can take a bit longer. I agree with @mainshipfred, the juice buckets are a cheap way to experiment and have fun making wine. If you ruin it, not a big $$ outlay.

As I have no appreciation for whites, I often by the cheapest kit going, cold and wet is the requirement, however if dry reds is the stated preference then exploring the more expensive kits with skins should be considered

Williams Petit Verdot. It only makes 5 gallons but it was some of my best wine.

Label Peelers has Lodi Ranch 11 Cabernet Sauvignon Wine Kit for less than $115

Latest posts

Back