Everything I learned in life I learned from a Jigsaw puzzle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larryh86GT

Reaction score
Don’t force a fit. If something is meant to be, it will come together naturally.

When things aren’t going so well, take a break. Everything will look different when you return.

Be sure to look at the big picture. Getting hung up on the little pieces only leads to frustration.

Perseverance pays off. Every important puzzle went together bit by bit, piece by piece.

When one spot stops working, move to another. But be sure to come back later.

The Creator of the puzzle gave you the picture as a guidebook. Refer to the Creator’s guidebook often.

Variety is the spice of life. It’s the different colors and patterns that make the puzzle interesting.

Working together with friends and family makes any task fun.

Establish the border first. Boundaries give a sense of security and order.

Don’t be afraid to try different combinations. Some matches are surprising.

Take time often to celebrate your successes—even little ones.

Anything worth doing takes time and effort. A great puzzle can’t be rushed.

When you finally reach the last piece, don’t be sad. Rejoice in the masterpiece you’ve made and enjoy a well-deserved rest.

Hey Larry,

number two resonates with me..

'When things aren’t going so well, take a break. Everything will look different when you return. '

I have taken a couple of months off from here.

My 17 and a half year old left home last week. Culmination of a few months of issues with him.

I'm not supposed to say this as a mum....all I feel is relief.

Where is my nurturing soul as a woman?

Allie

Hey Larry,

'When things aren’t going so well, take a break. Everything will look different when you return. '

My 17 and a half year old left home last week. Culmination of a few months of issues with him.

Allie

Something to think about:

When our boy left at 18, my wife devastated. When he came back 3 months later, she was more devastated! :)

Everything worked out fine. He's 27 now with a family of his own. No harm!

I think this is a tough, but necessary stage for young adults as they stretch their wings looking for indepedence.

It would be far worse to still have him at home when he's 40! :)

hehehe thankyou Bob,

I feel this year is my annus horribilus (to quote a certain Queen)..I had a job at 16 and didn't feel the world owed me a living. My eldest son seems to think I should find him a job...

I just feel very tired of it all.

Allie

Hey Larry,

Allie

It's there Allie, you knew it was time to just let it go. I understand the relief. You were not getting anywhere. He will be back. And things do get better.

Allie

Allie - take heart. Unfortunately this is all too common in many of our families. I too had many issues at home when I was 17. I quit high school in my senior year, enlisted in the Navy and grew up. It just takes a little time. (well I'm 63 now and mostly grown up, sometimes, maybe.)

Larry

Larry very nice post. I really enjoyed it and can relate to that and what Allie said.

Dang Allie we were all so growing tired of your posts, you left, and you're back! LMAO, we really missed you and hope you're back to stay now! Nikki has grown up and staying mostly out of the corner, Wade is busy playing with new toys, Julie is still playing in Pee, Tom - well nothings changed and Troy is mia in a berry patch (he's been in contact with QVC for his new invention).

Latest posts

Back