Everyone Please!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I have deleted the **** thread! I dont find it offending or anything so dont feel bad or mad or sad. I just dont find it appropriate for my(our) forum and dont want wine making people to jump in here see that and jump back out! Im sorry if this offends the creator of the thread bu its ho I feel.

TheTooth

Reaction score
Really?

Honestly, I don't find fart humor funny either... but I didn't see anything wrong with people having some fun. It was racist, sexist, or political.

If we're going to be this touchy about stuff, it might be a good idea to setup some guidelines before people feel that their posts my be frowned upon and deleted on the whim of the admins.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
This is the first thread or even post that Ive ever felt this way about. I dont feel it was racist or anything like that but I do want people to look at this forum and not feel its a JOKE. I dont really want to set rules but there are a few things Id rather not see on this forum. 1 is Politics as it never ends good and people can get ot of control very easily on this subject.

upper

Reaction score
I am all about that in my hunting forums,but with food or drink its a no-no on that go-go..........Upper

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with you decision Wade. I am sorry I even posted in that thread, I quess I have a hard time resisting temtation. You were right in excersising your "right to refuse service". Alot of us feel pretty comfortable with each others company, and it is easy to forget that this IS a public forum, and we need to all be sure we remain sensitive to that.
Troy

Mud

Unfunny
Reaction score
No need for rules unless it becomes some sort of persistent problem. But I thought it was pretty gross, and if Wade wanted to kill the thread so be it.

I've been on some other forums where threads and posts disappear regularly with no explanation. Good on you, Wade, for letting folks know what's going on.

-Mud

BobF

Banned
Reaction score
I have deleted the **** thread! ... SNIP
Thank you. No need to apologize AFAIC. Just let your good judgment be your guide and all will be fine.

To the OP of the thread in question:
Sorry if I was harsh. I really can take it or leave it, but I really like this forum and would rather moderation be overly cautious rather than overly lenient. There are a lot of trashy destinations out there. Hopefully this won't end up being one of them.

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't even read that thread lol..

Allie

TheTooth

Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who thinks this was a bit heavy-handed. I will defer to the wishes of the group and drop it. Luckily I'm not a fan of fart humor, so it's no personal loss to me. LOL

wyntheef

grunt
Reaction score
personally, i don't even get the reason for 'off topic' sections. if i want to talk about something other than the forum themes (in this case...wine), i can go to another forum. and if i need to get off topic with someone individually, i can pm them anyways, so i like the idea of keeping on topic.

that being said, i am an advocate of people having fun in the forum, then it doesen't get too serious and uppity.

upper

Reaction score
I could just se Joes' 15th post on yhe subject"Paring Farts with wine".The wine chosen depends on the pungisity of the fart,for those truly Pungent,I go with a big red like a merlo with enough oak to choke a woodchipper.How does that sound?????????Upper

TheTooth

Reaction score
I could just se Joes' 15th post on yhe subject"Paring Farts with wine".The wine chosen depends on the pungisity of the fart,for those truly Pungent,I go with a big red like a merlo with enough oak to choke a woodchipper.How does that sound?????????Upper
Hey... don't get this thread deleted. :)

Lurker

Reaction score
OK, so now I know what thread you're talking about, it took me a while. I saw the title and skipped over it so I guess I didn't miss anything.

Latest posts