Everclear, aka Neutral Alcohol from Turbo Yeast

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpfan

Reaction score
Looks like a message about making Everclear has been yanked from the forum while I was trying to reply to it. The message did not ask about distilling, but since that is the only way to make a neutral alcohol with a similar strength to Everclear, and that is illegal in many parts of the world (but not all), I guess it was yanked.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Cpfan, I didn't intend to cause an issue. I am not interested in drawing any undue attention to the forum or myself. Nor do I intend to set up a distillery. Just trying to make a little Raspberry Cello.... I understand the Mod's are doing their job. No offense or rule breaking intended. Apologies all around

Looks like a message about making Everclear has been yanked from the forum while I was trying to reply to it. The message did not ask about distilling, but since that is the only way to make a neutral alcohol with a similar strength to Everclear, and that is illegal in many parts of the world (but not all), I guess it was yanked.

Steve

Steve the owner deleted it and I edited your responced

Distilling is a NO NO here

I actually took that as you were looking to make Raspberry Cello from Everclear and looking for the recipe. I didn't think there was intent to make everclear. Do a search on Cello and you'll find several recipes.

Everclear is not available in all states. I know it is listed on PA's wine and spirits site but it cannot be had in PA Wine and Spirit stores. I had my son bring some home for me from SC as I too wanted to try to make a cello, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Steve the owner deleted it and I edited your responced

Distilling is a NO NO here

So using Turbo Yeast is a no-no, too? It is NOT distilling. It is fermenting to 18-20%.

BTW, I have no problem with deleting distilling content. Have you or are you deleting all the other references to Turbo Yeast then?

Steve

No problem w/ turbo if used in whats it designed for. That is starting a stuck batch and adding more alcohol. NOT mentioning distilling and just making alcohol which is the same.

I have been guilty of this before on this forum before I became admin and I deleted my own thread. making any alc to just about any abv with yeast is not illegal, its when you take that and start boiling it to do EXTRACTION that it becomes illegal. Sorry to anyone who too it wrong or if something was deleted thinking it was a distillation thread.

Latest posts

Back