WineXpert Estate Sonoma Pinot Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Etrusci

Junior
Reaction score
Has anyone made the Estate Pinot Noir? Any recommendations or comments? I just started the fermentation a couple days ago and so far, so good!

OK, I am a smart a$$ and can,t help myself but, wouldnt it make more sense to ask what people think about a product before you by it, not after. In future if you need to know about a certain kit, ask CP first. He stays up on kits and if he doesnt know he seems to know how to find out.
BTW way welcome to the site, I just looked up and realized these were you first to post. I will be a little less of an a$$ in the future

mmadmikes1 -

If you would have more carefully read my first post, you would have noticed I was looking for recommendations & comments associated with making the pinot noir. As you pointed out, it wouldn't make sense to ask for a buying recommendation if I already started the kit.

Thanks for the recommendation on CP.

Last edited:
Etrusci:

I haven't made this kit, but if I did I would extend the time frames after the wine came out of the primary. I don't have a set schedule that I follow, I just procrastinate...procrastinate...procrastinate. Patience is the best habit that a wine maker can have. From the product sheet for this kit "Ageing for at least a year will help to release its potential, with a peak at around two years."

Steve

hello Etrusci and welcome to the forum..

Mike is being a little 'economical' with the english language there.. he was advising you to follow the directions in the kit.. CpFan ( Steve) has years of experience with kits and his advice on your kit is invaluable..

just enjoy the process, I'm sure you will be very happy with this kit..

what's next on your wine wish list?

Allie

OK so sometime I am a jerk when trying to be funny, I'm sorry Etrusci. I am, most of time a nice guy, really ask my mom she will tell you. She has told every single women in town already so you could ask one of them if you prefer. Enjoy your wine.
I recommend starting with a lot of wine kits that you can drink early before starting kits that need age. A lot easier to age wine when it isn't all you have to drink

All - thank you for the recommendations and encouragement! From reviewing previous posts, it's very clear that patience is the key to a great wine. And most importantly, I am really enjoying the process so far including learning from all of you.

Btw, I just completed the first racking!

OK so sometime I am a jerk when trying to be funny, I'm sorry Etrusci. I am, most of time a nice guy, really ask my mom she will tell you. She has told every single women in town already so you could ask one of them if you prefer. Enjoy your wine.
I recommend starting with a lot of wine kits that you can drink early before starting kits that need age. A lot easier to age wine when it isn't all you have to drink

Mike.. it's ok..

We regulars know your sense of humour.. Etrusci is new.. it's always hard being the new person on a site, you worry about asking dumb questions sometimes.. and getting flamed for it..

it won't be long til Etrusci is hassling you back for your comments lol.. and becomes a regular himself...

Allie :p

Latest posts

Back