Estate Planning

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
A lesson in Estate planning

Dave was a single guy, living at home with his father and working in the family business. He knew that he would inherit a fortune once his sickly father died.
Dave wanted two things:

• to learn how to invest his inheritance and,

• to find a wife to share his fortune.

One evening at an investment meeting, he spotted the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
Her natural beauty took his breath away.
"I may look like just an ordinary man," he said to her, "but in just a few years, my father will die, and I'll inherit 20 million dollars."
Impressed, the woman obtained his business card.
Two weeks later, she became his stepmother.

Women are so much better at estate planning than men…

Claiming that women are better at something than men (and in this scenario, far more cunning and intelligent)?

Yes, that is one perspective. But the joke can also be seen by some as perpetrating the gender stereotype that successful women are only successful because they are conniving. Which is not flattering to women.

But.. I think we must all see this for what it is: a joke. Some jokes are in bad taste. Some so bad at to be inappropriate at any level. But other jokes are specifically designed to be in bad taste to make a point, sometimes opposite to the stereotype they seem to be projecting (some get that plot twist, and some do not). And who tells the joke may matter. I once heard what I thought was a very funny joke when I was in Ireland, from an Irishman, but when I repeated it (in England) I was put down by a listener saying it was a cultural stereotype. Oh, well. I got over the critique, and there is a point that maybe only an Irishman can make this joke about the Irish (and I still think the Irish joke was very funny).

Last edited:
A lesson in Estate planning

Dave was a single guy, living at home with his father and working in the family business. He knew that he would inherit a fortune once his sickly father died.
Dave wanted two things:

• to learn how to invest his inheritance and,

• to find a wife to share his fortune.

One evening at an investment meeting, he spotted the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
Her natural beauty took his breath away.
"I may look like just an ordinary man," he said to her, "but in just a few years, my father will die, and I'll inherit 20 million dollars."
Impressed, the woman obtained his business card.
Two weeks later, she became his stepmother.

Women are so much better at estate planning than men…
It's a joke y'all!

According to Freud.
Male Patient, "I dream I'm a pair of curtains and a man is drawing me close".
Freud. "Long or short curtains?"
Male Patient, Short."
Freud, "Hmm! I see. Were they lace curtains?"

Father and son had just moved a piano into the living room when Dad sat down on the piano stool. "I haven't played anything for a while" Dad said. The Son said "Dad, do you know the piano is on my foot?" Dad replied "You hum it Son and I'll play it!"

Latest posts

Back