Erie-Chautauqua Wine Trail

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pittspur

Reaction score
The wife and I are thinking of heading up to Erie for a little getaway without the 4 year old. Thinking of staying in a B&B somewhere up there and doing some winery tastings. Has anyone done this? Might stay in North East, PA or Westline, NY. Does anyone have any recommendations on the place to stay, wineries to visit, or places to eat? Thanks.

Pittspur at the corner of rt 5 and rt 89 is a place called Freeport Inn I would reccomend. Vey casual place with excellent food (prime rib etc) for at a decent price. My favorite winery to go to is Heritage. They have outlets at Grove City and Station Square I think. The real deal is nothing like those retail stores. It is in an old barn. There will be about 30 bottles lined up from fruit to sweet to dry. Small cups are sat out and you help yourself to try anything you want at no charge for tastings. Daisy was up there about a month ago.

Pittspur at the corner of rt 5 and rt 89 is a place called Freeport Inn I would reccomend. Vey casual place with excellent food (prime rib etc) for at a decent price. My favorite winery to go to is Heritage. They have outlets at Grove City and Station Square I think. The real deal is nothing like those retail stores. It is in an old barn. There will be about 30 bottles lined up from fruit to sweet to dry. Small cups are sat out and you help yourself to try anything you want at no charge for tastings. Daisy was up there about a month ago.

Do they have a website?

Pittspur at the corner of rt 5 and rt 89 is a place called Freeport Inn I would reccomend. Vey casual place with excellent food (prime rib etc) for at a decent price.

I'll second that, we have eaten there several times and it has always been good.

From there you are about a minute away from South Shore, about two minutes from either Mazza, or Penn Shore and less than five from ArrowHead, Heritage, or Presque Isle

Not sure about B&B's I have heard there is a good one there but not sure of the name, I'll try to find out the name.

Latest posts

Back