Equipment Recommendations Need for Small Vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregmg

Reaction score
I have a small vineyard in southern Arizona that is spaced at 9' between rows, and I know what kind of equipment to use with that spacing. But I'm starting a new vineyard that is spaced a little tighter; only 2 meters (6' 7") between rows. I'd rather not get into the expensive, specialty tractors and related equipment due to the cost. I've seen both small tractors (like large lawn mowers) and ATVs used to power or pull equipment in smaller vineyards. Which is best? Would both ultimately be necessary?

Thanks,

Greg G.

Although we have 9 and 10 foot between the rows, we bought a sub-compact tractor. We got the John Deere 1025-R (4WD) with a 54 inch belly mower and got a 55 gallon PTO sprayer. I don't have the exact dimensions of the 1025 width but you can go to a dealer and measure. Kubota has a sub compact as well. I try to be careful with a full tank of spray but the tractor handles it well.

I know a lot of people have ATVs as well but so far we've managed without. We use the bucket on the big tractor though the sub compacts have a bucket option. I didn't want a bucket on the 1025 since our cat 2 tractor has the bucket.

Latest posts

Back