Encourage Me and Where to Get….

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the method before plastic air locks was to lead a tube out of a single hole cork and run it into a bucket of water
the you tube way is to put a balloon on the bottle
as Dawg says solid could be done, but it should be refrigerated to keep it from exploding out
If you have a Groch beer bottle it would survive some pressure
I’ve only got a 1/2 pint of mango left after moving into secondary Saved for keeping headspace up after racking. I don’t have another bubbler left for it. What can I do with it / where to store it ? Fridge ? Or just keep it covered so it can gas ? Thanks

I’m super interested in how your passion wine turns out. Love passion fruit. ..l..l

Keep us posted… and welcome!
Passion fruit update.
second racking Today. It was very clear a little lees, not much. Added k-meta and topped up two or three ounces with some of my mango I had set aside in fridge.
Dry. it tasted like a Chardonnay but really little fruit taste. I will backsweeten just a little when I bottle it in a few more weeks. A little off gassing

the mango is still going at 1.001 first racking since going into secondary. This one tastes delicious already. I was worried I didn’t add enough fruit.
This is the passion fruit ⤵️

Attachments

• 503F3F78-70F3-42C5-8122-78265336D997.jpeg
    503F3F78-70F3-42C5-8122-78265336D997.jpeg
    902.3 KB · Views: 13
It’s amazing how pricey it is. not terrible, but a little steep. but I get mine for just a little fertilizer and some labor. I probably have enough in the freezer for another batch.

i guess I’m fortunate to live in a tropical paradise.

I was looking at Coloma frozen too. Their concentrates are vacuum and heat evaporated. If it’s not too high a heat, the flavor would probably be fairly good. I’ll have to look back through the forums here, I remember a lot of discussion about it.
https://colomafrozen.com/industrial-products/passion-fruit-industrial-product
Where about in NY are you dave ? That bridge in your avatar looks familiar.

im thinking if I have a banner year for passion fruit I might have to mail some out.
i might throw some seed across the street and see if it grows. Maybe plant some around the telephone pole. I’m out of room in my yard. I’ve got 3 vines but one is really old and one not producing yet.

I’m in the mid-Hudson Valley, Newburgh area. That picture is looking north from Beacon towards the Newburgh-Beacon bridge on the Beacon side of the Hudson River. There’s a great spot to put in at a small park near the train station and you can go south to Bannerman Island, across to Plum Pointe and the Moodna Creek or north towards Poughkeepsie and the Mid-Hudson Bridge. Very pretty and historic areas.

I’m in the mid-Hudson Valley, Newburgh area. That picture is looking north from Beacon towards the Newburgh-Beacon bridge on the Beacon side of the Hudson River. There’s a great spot to put in at a small park near the train station and you can go south to Bannerman Island, across to Plum Pointe and the Moodna Creek or north towards Poughkeepsie and the Mid-Hudson Bridge. Very pretty and historic areas.
I thought it might be the Sacandaga. I’m from Fonda.

Ah yes that’s way north of me, what a beautiful area upon the Adirondacks! Love hiking and camping up there. Just beautiful and amazing.
I grew up north of Utica, and worked summer jobs in Old Forge while in college. When visiting family, we go to Nick's Lake. Lot of beautiful scenery.

However, I've gotten used to seeing snow on TV and not outside my window ... ;)

Latest posts

Back