RJ Spagnols En Primeur Winery Series - Italian Amarone Style

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every one told me to try the extended maceration. So I left it on the skins for about 6 weeks. Might want to check into that. In post #89 has some videos I posted how it is suppose to help. If your did not come with raisins I would add a cup or so.

Added a cup of raisins, and checking out those videos. Thanks!

Used Golden raisins, hope that's ok

Every one told me to try the extended maceration. So I left it on the skins for about 6 weeks. Might want to check into that. In post #89 has some videos I posted how it is suppose to help. If your did not come with raisins I would add a cup or so.
Yes raisins in the prim along with oak and tannins, in the secondary add more tannins,
When ready bottles age this way you can taste as it ages 🍷

Thanks! I already added 2 teaspoons. Hopefully I didn't ruin it.
The directions on the package of tannin I have recommends 1/4 tsp per 1 US gallon. What you have may be different, and your taste for oak may be different, so that's just a rough gauge. Some will settle out, and you can fine with egg whites if it's still strong. And as Joe said, give it time.

Moved wine into secondary after just over 6 weeks of EM in a sealed bucket with airlock (vodka/water filled). Tried a little taste and it's already quite delicious.

Question, should I add a french oak spiral in secondary, or a wait a couple weeks and add it to a carboy during the aging process?

Latest posts

Back