RJ Spagnols En Primeur Super Tuscan

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colorado_wade

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just got my shipment of 2 kits from homebrewsupply.com in today :h I ordered the RJS Cellar Classic Winery Series Super Tuscan, but what I received is the RJS En Primeur Winery Series Super Tuscan. Do you guys have any experience with these, and is one of them better than the other. I'm assuming the En Primeur is probably a little higher quality, and that I shouldn't contact them about the mix-up :h What do you guys think?

Oh the other kit I got was the Cellar Classic Wine maker's trio. Looking forward to both of these!!

Cheers!
Wade

The Winery Series and En Primeur series are being merged. You may be seeing the results of that. Have you opened the kit? Does it have a wet grape pack or a dried one?

I have done both of them in the past and initially the WS was better, but after 2 years the En Primeur overtook it. I wonder with the merge what components of each will be kept?

This new En Primeur has the wet pack, so I think Roger is right, and this is the new branded merge of the 2.

nothing has changed with the contents of the old winery series kits. They are just call Ep winery series now. Some of the old Ep kits remain and others were dropped. the prices stayed the same but the origianl EP kits are still more expensive and have dry skins as before. it cost 3 times as much to produce the dry skin pack vs the wet skins (i personally like the wet ones). the old Ep whites are more $$ than the old winery series whites. both are 18 liter.

picture of new boxes can be seen on RJS website

cheers

I just started a double batch of the En Primeur 5 days ago after picking up on George's Valentines Day sale. I have a WS bulk aging and it tasted very good at last racking so decided to do the two more since I didn't want to run out. The only thing I found different was a package of pectinase to add to secondary at SG of 1.020, I'm assuming to protect against a protein haze from forming. At least I don't recall the pectinase being in the WS. Regardless, the aromas coming out of my basement are incredible. The only change I made was substituting Lalvin BM4X4 for the supplied yeast per others suggestion.

Latest posts

Back