Elderflowers are starting to bloom

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Luc. What is the rational of pulp fermenting in a carboy as opposed to a primary bucket or crock?
Brad

Luc, may I put that recipe in our recipe section or could you so that it is under your name?

If I were to pick the eolderflowers would that hinder the fruit being grown later this year?

Thanks Luc. What is the rational of pulp fermenting in a carboy as opposed to a primary bucket or crock?
Brad

You should never pulp-ferment in a carboy.

First there will be a lot of foam, and next it will be much more of a hassle to clean up.
Pulp ferment in a primary or buckets and then transfer to a carboy by leaving the pulp behind.

Luc

If I were to pick the eolderflowers would that hinder the fruit being grown later this year?

The flower-screens will turn into berry-screens at the end of the summer season (august-september over here).
So any flowers you will pick will give you less berries.

Luc

Luc, may I put that recipe in our recipe section or could you so that it is under your name?

Why ???
It already has a nice place on the internet: my web-log !!!!
http://wijnmaker.blogspot.com

I want people to visit my web-log and read ALL articles as they might learn something from that.
I do not like opportunistic people just scavaging for a recipe.

Luc

Luc, the climate in the Netherlands must be milder than the UK. The way it's been over here the last week or so we'll be lucky if we see elderflowers by the start of June. Still I guess that gives us a couple of weeks to empty carboys and get ready.
Regards, Winemanden. :h

Back