Elderberry recipe, frozen and dried together?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainecr

Reaction score
I picked and froze 9 pounds last summer. I want to make a 5 gallon batch...and picked up four 4oz packages of dried elderberries. Can I used both in the same recipe...or should I primary ferment seperately, and then bulk age together?

PS..Was looking at Wades recipe in the recipe section
Thanks...frozen in maine

Where do you see my recipe for this wine? I do have 1 but dont see it listed on this forum. I did have my own website but just shut that down due to not having time to update it.

Hope this isn't a duplicate...
I may have hit the wrong button.
I copied it from your website last fall when picking the elderberries...

Think I can mix frozen and dried berries in the primary?

Ok then, because I knew I never entered that recipe on here, why I dont know. You sure can add the 2 of them together but I would know as to what ratio as Ive never used dried fruit.

Is that a picture of you Mud? The other photo had a much more handsom man!!!!!!!!!!

A friend wants to find either elderberry juice or wine. Where can I get some in the New Jersey area? Any national store carry it? She dont want to make wine out of it. just want it for a project she is doing.

Ok then, because I knew I never entered that recipe on here, why I dont know. You sure can add the 2 of them together but I would know as to what ratio as Ive never used dried fruit.

A general rule of thumb is 4oz dried in place of 1# fresh/frozen.

A friend wants to find either elderberry juice or wine. Where can I get some in the New Jersey area? Any national store carry it? She dont want to make wine out of it. just want it for a project she is doing.

Vintner's Harvest makes a wine base. Should be around $30 or so.

Latest posts

Back