Einstein’s Quantum Riddle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes just fun to sit back smoke a doober and try to wrap your head around something beyond comprehension....as long as the video dumbs it down enough at least.
then the dog pees on the carpet and it’s back to reality 🤷‍♂️

*edit- that’s actually a lie. I do not partake. I’m the paranoid “please don’t get weird” types. Though I am not against it at all. doesnt mesh well with ADD.

Last edited:
[Sarcasm] I get enough of this shite at work, AJ. How about I post some episodes of "This Old House" for you, huh?! [/sarcasm]

But seriously, I'll have to take a look when I get some time. I assume it is the EPR paradox, non-locality, Bell's Theorem, etc.?

Well, I did watch it last night. Pretty well done, IMHO.

One thought I had was that work would be more, uhhh, entertaining if ominous background music was playing constantly (as it was on the Nova episode).

I went to college in the 70's. Did plenty of that back then, it was nearly a requirement.

* The above may or may not have been said in jest. I'll allow you to be the judge of that.

What happened in college, stays in college. Thank goodness we didn't have cell phones with video and photo capabilities back then..........................

Thanks for the video, although the sound cuts out periodically near the end, so I missed a little. I was siding with Einstein on this one. I couldn't help feeling like the QM guys were kind of implying the possibility of a forth dimension, I feel like that is the only way this works.

Thanks for the video, although the sound cuts out periodically near the end, so I missed a little. I was siding with Einstein on this one. I couldn't help feeling like the QM guys were kind of implying the possibility of a forth dimension, I feel like that is the only way this works.

And isn't string theory up to about 12 required for the math to work out? And don't forget, we can't test most of the string theory stuff as is.

Last edited:
Guys, face up to it: We live in a non-local universe. Get over it! :)

It's okay, though. The non-localities do not violate causality. Nor do they allow energy or signals to be transmitted faster than the speed of light. So nothing you cherish is really vitiated.

Latest posts

Back