Other Eclipse Nebbiolo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehammonds

Reaction score
Trying to find a good Neb kit to make and that’s available. Did a search on this forum and saw positive reviews of this kit. Can’t tell if the kit still comes with grape skins or not though. Anyone done this recently? Any other Neb recommendations?
Thanks

Trying to find a good Neb kit to make and that’s available. Did a search on this forum and saw positive reviews of this kit. Can’t tell if the kit still comes with grape skins or not though. Anyone done this recently? Any other Neb recommendations?
Thanks

Yes, it comes with skins. I just did mine and it's on a shelf aging. It's about a year old now and I haven't tasted it since bottling. Soon.

Great. Looking forward to this one. Swapping the yeast for the BM4X4 and going to do an extended fermentation with the skins during primary.

I just bottled up this kit about 2 weeks ago, as others report, it did come with skins. I think (I don't have my notes here and just don't recall) I also used BM4x4 yeast for it. I seem to use it fairly frequently on red wines. I fairly obviously haven't tasted any, yet, except for what was left over. I do remember that my wife was very sad that we didn't have much left over.

Made this twice, March 2013 and April 2014. Both turned out nicely. One of the better selections from the WE Eclipse lineup.

This is definitely a wine for big red lovers! It’s Big. Some people in my family prefer medium bodied easy drinkers- they wouldn’t go for it. But the ones who appreciate a full tannin well rounded “thick” red will definitely LOVE it. Thanks @sour_grapes. I think This is the exact type of wine many people would envision as their end goal when venturing into home winemaking.
IMG_1012.jpg

This is definitely a wine for big red lovers! It’s Big. Some people in my family prefer medium bodied easy drinkers- they wouldn’t go for it. But the ones who appreciate a full tannin well rounded “thick” red will definitely LOVE it. Thanks @sour_grapes. I think This is the exact type of wine many people would envision as their end goal when venturing into home winemaking.
View attachment 47633

Awsome! I think this was the thread you were looking for: https://www.winemakingtalk.com/threads/other-peoples-wines.8004/page-34 :)

Tried another Barolo for movie night (Creed, btw). It’s been a good long while since my last taste. The wine is a year and a half old. Tannins are still big in this one. But, it’s coming along. Another year... lucky I have three more tasters. That should get me home.

I did started this in early September for a wine-making class. Had to give my instructor, who is a professional winemaker in Lodi, a 375 ml sample at about 10 weeks. He was pretty impressed with it for and actually said it had hints of Cherry Cola in his notes. Damn, I love Cherry Cola.

Latest posts

Back