Eclipse Bourbon Barrel Zinfandel Cabernet Wine Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting that Winexpert still doesn't have this on their website under the What's New tab while multiple retailers DO have it listed for pre-order.

I definitely won't be making it, the price they charge for the limited release eclipse there is no excuse not to have the skins in it.

I don't get why a blend like last July's Nocturnal would have skins but this one does not. However, despite my squawking boredom and an empty fermenter got the better of me and I ordered the kit. I figure at LP's price still getting out at 5 bucks a bottle. But if I were on a tighter budget I'd probably pass too.

Hi there,

Let's put all these rumours to rest - the Eclipse Bourbon Barrel Zinfandel Cabernet absolutely DOES come with grape skins!

Forgive my skepticism. But (and I mean this very respectfully), who are you?

I remember the last time we had someone on this forum from Winexpert and they registered with a recognizable name (i.e. it was someone members knew was affiliated with WE).

I am hoping that the "with skins" is true. I just ordered the kit from LP. The bourbon barrel Cabs & Zins are very popular with my daughter and son in law. If this one comes out right I may get nominated for father of the year! Of course, that will be in 2019 or 2020, assuming that this one will need some aging to really express itself.

LP changed my order to "awaiting shipment". Last order I placed, it shipped out soon after this notice.

All in here since hearing this kit comes with skins. I ordered 2 kits from Label Peelers and the order has been updated to "Awaiting Shipment ". Let the games begin!

Latest posts

Back