WineXpert Eclips Sauvignon blanc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petey

Reaction score
Haven’t done a kit in a while. But this one came with 2 pkg of yeast, k1-1116 and EC-1118. While i have used both of them , I’ve never used them together
Should i pick one or just use both?

Set the EC-1118 aside just incase the KV-1116 doesn't finish. But you can likely ignore it.

I think most Eclipse kits come with two yeast packets, a main yeast and back-up EC-1118. At least the 3 or 4 I have done did. Did the sauv blanc about 3 years ago, it came out very good.

Anyone know how this Eclipse kit compares to the RJS South African top end kit? Also with age do these kits lose their tartness?

I had friends do a blind taste test comparing a mid-priced SB (Grand Cru) to Selection kit a few years ago. The mid priced kit won in blind test tests as it was a light, refreshing summer drink. I'm trying to decide whether to do mid-priced kits and plan on drinking early so it stays tart or to try and get the best of both with a high end kit e.g. very fruity but still tart.

I feel good about my reds but have not matched a white to our preferences yet. Any thoughts that may be helpful?

Latest posts

Back