Easy quick recipes?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fermator

Reaction score
I've started some mustang grape batches but they take a year. What's a good recipe that doesn't require a glass carboy and can be ready quick weeks rather than months. If there is one.

Yep, Dragons Blood is the go mate. One month if everything is done right. Although going from bucket to bottle would be a challenge in my opinion. For me its roughly 2 weeks in bucket then two weeks in carboy(s), then bottle. You have to degas, at the very least.

I have plent of plastic carboys just only have two glass which are going to be full does it have to be glass?

Thanks I just keep reading I need glass for wine but good to hear plastic is fine maybe glass is preferred for the long term wines.

Yeah, for short turn arounds plastic is fine but you have to degass properly thoroughly and use the chems and clearing additives in carefully measured quantities otherwise you can get stuck with a batch that either doesnt clear or is fizzy and bottling is not at all desirable when a batch is fizzy or cloudy. If it's in glass then it's just a matter of time but i'm not sure plastic is good for more than a few months aging - although others probably have better knowledge on that than i do.

Back