Easy Clean

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek

Still lost.....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 6gal plastic 'carboy' that was stained after racking out some red wine that was bulk aging in it for like a year.
I had forgotten I had this easy clean cleaner in the basement, never used it before.

So mixed a Tsp in 3/4 gal of hot water and poured into the 6gal carboy.....man, the stain came right off..!!

The product info online says:
"This is a no-rinse oxygen based cleaner, DO NOT RINSE as you may introduce bacteria from the water you are using. Dissolve one tablespoon in a warm gallon of water."

So, are you supposed to mix the product in water, clean whatever you need to clean with the solution and then leave as is until it dries? Isn't this bad for wine making?

I had a conversation with My recently closed LHBS’s owner about easy clean.
Apparently LD Carlson was selling other products as well as the products hey make themselves. OneStep cleaner was one of them. The folks over at OneStep were playing hardball and jacked up those prices knowing LD Carlson did not manufacture a similar cleaning product. LD Carlson told them to kiss off, and then started manufacturing their own cleaning product- called EasyClean.
Literally the exact same thing as OneStep but sold for maybe 15-20% cheaper.
Both are marketed as “no rinse” cleaners. I use both and do not rinse. After drying I just sanitize with K-meta and proceed from there.

There's the real test. Mix some up and drink it. If it doesn't have any taste, don't rinse.

Really, don't do this. Just rinse cand don't worry.

"This is a no-rinse oxygen based cleaner, DO NOT RINSE as you may introduce bacteria from the water you are using. Dissolve one tablespoon in a warm gallon of water."

The current standard of care for irrigating a wound or laceration prior to suturing it is to irrigate it in the sink with tap water. Given that standard, do you think we should worry about introducing bacteria by rinsing out the cleaner? I don't.

There's the real test. Mix some up and drink it. If it doesn't have any taste, don't rinse.

Really, don't do this. Just rinse cand don't worry.

Yeah, I used and it did a great job cleaning the stain. I then rinsed the carboy really well with tap water a few times. Then a bit of kmeta solution and bung to the carboy and placed into storage.

Latest posts

Back