Early Fermentation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiz

Reaction score
Made a 5 gallon batch of pineapple. Let set 12 hours with no additions beside sugar and water to 1090. Added remainder of chemicals and checked on it 10 hours later and it was fermenting and bubbling nicely without me. I went ahead and added Red Star champagne yeast. Will the early take-off cause problems?

Bay. most of us pray for a good start!! Its the delayed ones that get us all worrying!!LOL

Sounds like you are on your way.

How about posting the recipe for us to peruse?

Don't worry, it'll be fine. Pineapple is notorious for an agressive fermentation.

Made a 5 gallon batch of pineapple. Let set 12 hours with no additions beside sugar and water to 1090. Added remainder of chemicals and checked on it 10 hours later and it was fermenting and bubbling nicely without me. I went ahead and added Red Star champagne yeast. Will the early take-off cause problems?

This one reason we add a litthe k-meta prior to adding the wine yeast. This will stun the wild yeast and give time for the wine yeast to take over.

You should be fine.
Like Troy said post the recipe.
I just bottled 6 gallons of Pineapple wine I started last July.

i've never had pineapple wine. is it made from the fruit, or juice, or a kit?

Last years Pineapple I used 32 Pineapples and made a BIG f-pac and backsweetened

i hope this doesn't send me to the corner, but i LOOOve sangria (mixed up/recipe kind, and in the bottle kind, too, lol), and i'm always trying different kinds of combinations, fruits, etc. this sounds like it would make an AWESOME sangria. i always start with brandy over fruit, then add juice, then wine, then sprite...pineapple could be used with sooo many different things:se

The must is happily bubbling away this morning. Recipe is as follows:
20 # fresh pineapple ($1.25 each here in Costa Rica and it took 8 1/2)
10 # white sugar to s.g. 1090
4 gallons water
5 campden tabs
6 tsp. yeast nutrient
4 tsp. acid blend
3 tsp. yeast energizer
1 1/2 tsp. tannin
I forgot to order pectic enzyme so must has the skin of a papaya floating on top. I also cut the pineapple in small 1/2" cubes, chopped and mashed before putting it in the fruit bag. Not being able to purchase white raisins here I will probably need to add glycerin before bottling

Latest posts

Back