Early Drinking Rose Juice Bucket Help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zadvocate

Reaction score
I want to grab a Grenache juice bucket to make a rose. I was hoping to make it and bottle it by Christmas as a gift. Is this doable? Should I add some fining agent to the ferment to get it to clear quicker? I would start this friday. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

10 weeks (to Dec 16) to bottle will work, but you have to:
1) Use the clearing/fining agents; and
2) Degass the wine.

1-2 weeks to ferment. Degass, Degass, Add k-meta and clearing agents (and sorbate if you are back sweetening). Rack at week 4, Week 8, and before bottling. When racking, see if you need to degass some more.

Wine might not be ready to drink, but it will be in the bottle for a gift. Include a note not to open before July, 2017.

Ya, probably superkleer. But you are not going to give your wine time to develop. It should sit and have time to mellow out and get the flavor to come out. It would be better to make it now and give it away a year from now. Anyway, good luck with it, Arne.

I'm just doing this as a gift for my mother in law. She likes white zinfandel and wanted to try an make an early drinking rose. So I decided (with approval from the mrs) to grab a juice bucket and give it a whirl.

I'm not real worried about this developing. this is more of an experiment.

Back