Drop down light over wine work bench project

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCal

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I needed some more light, so I figure why not make something cool? Here was the original design. I changed it a bit, with two counter weights, allowing the lights to be operated independently.

Two lights from Craigslist, $10 each. Pulleys from eBay $1 each. Scrap square bar, some cloth wrapped wire, a switch from the electric scrap box, spray paint and some time in the garage.

Cool! When I saw this I wondered if you'd be able to continue you kinda Steam Punk look with the black iron pipe. Like this better.

is that a new glass rack? You need to quit screwing around!!:h

Could you have snaked the power feed so it wouldn't show?

Very nice but nothing tops those pipe fitting/pressure gauge lights. Those are so cool.

Nice glass holder in the pic too.

Very nice; I assume the counter weights are not grounded, so just make sure those "D" shaped handles are insulated from the rest of the metal.

Thanks for the replies, I was going to keep the pipe / steampunk theme on the fixture, but went a different direction. That white cord is actually going from the socket that is for the garage opener to the wine box. I'm using that socket as well for the light.

Very nice; I assume the counter weights are not grounded, so just make sure those "D" shaped handles are insulated from the rest of the metal.

The cloth cord itself is insulated, containing both the power and the nuetral line; there isn't anything that is at risk of shorting to the handles.

" You need to quit screwing around"
NorCal, I would love to see what you come up with if you were serious. Nice work, Bakervinyard

Back