Dripline end closures

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WellingtonToad

Reaction score
I was putting in my drip line irrigation and needed to seal the ends of the hose. I know there are special "ends" that can be purchased or use cable ties, but I was there and had an excess of fence wire staples.
I folded over the end of the hose, and pushed the staple on from the end. Squashed it down to make sure it stayed in place.

I know this is not conventional, but neither am I.

Just wondering, has any one else tried this, if so are there any problems I should be aware of?

As the hose pressurerizes and depressurizes it moves just a little, if that could wiggle your staple enough times it wont work. Firgure 8s are so simple and cheap what does being different get for you? WVMJ

I have been to the local irrigation shops and no one has my size locally. I think I have found one about 60Km away but they don't open until 6 Jan 2014.

I picked up the dripline from a farm that was closing down.(for free) 16mm pipe - just a non standard size for non commercials. Has turned out to be more of a problem than a win.

I just wanted to get this finished. Thinking you are right now though. I can't get the adaptors to connect to water till that store opens. Might as well wait.
It's not like the Home brew store where you need the products all the time. One all time shop and its over

I folded over the ends and wound then with stovepipe wire or wire sued for electric fence. wrap around a few times and then crush tight with a pair of pliers. Lasted for over 10 years.

Mine's not drip, but I put a garden hose fitting on the end and a cap which can be unscrewed and replaced with a hose if I need to do some spot watering or fill a bucket.

Dripworks.com, there are 2 different sizes people call 1/2 inch hose, tell them what size you have, I know they have 2 different sizes because one order I put in I mixed up the different sizes and what a pain, really good customer service so maybe you got a great deal after all. WVMJ

Back