Drink in Good Health

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe these kind of studies, but check this out:

The researchers found that certain foods and drinks seemed to have protective effects against cognitive decline. Specifically:

• Cheese was the most protective food against age-related cognitive decline, with researchers noting that eating the food “strongly predicted better FIT scores over time.”
  • Drinking alcohol daily, especially red wine
  • Eating lamb weekly (this was not true of other red meats)

I am so golden! Check, check, and check! :) :) 🍷🧀🐑👍:r

I believe in any studies that say my particular "bad habits" are good for me long term. If they come down on the opposite side, they obviously have flaws in their methodology.

Mmmm, lamb. Sadly I'm the only one in the house who enjoys it.

Actually the rest of the family loves it when we're visiting family in South America, the locally (as in my inlaws farm) raised stuff tastes a good deal different than the Australian and New Zealand stuff thats common here. I like both though.

What did I miss.... 😇

Check the bold in the quote below:

The researchers found that certain foods and drinks seemed to have protective effects against cognitive decline. Specifically:

• Cheese was the most protective food against age-related cognitive decline, with researchers noting that eating the food “strongly predicted better FIT scores over time.”
  • Drinking alcohol daily, especially red wine
  • Eating lamb weekly (this was not true of other red meats)

A glass of red and thin sliced smoked gouda in the evenings, please. Nirvana. I actually have five small wheels waiting. Now, what did I visit this website for? :p

Ha ha.. My guess is that many of these studies are based far less on looking at human populations (so many possible variables - for example, wine drinkers who were vaginally delivered, were breast fed for 12 months, who don't drive, and who have been vegan for five or more years, work less than 15 minutes from their homes and who are sexually active and living with a partner in a loving relationship?) and more on looking at what key compounds in those foods do to certain proteins on plates or on the ability of certain cells to continue to reproduce without mutating in ways that lead to their death. So, sure red wine increases your longevity ... if you drink about 50 gallons a day... and cheese boosts your health as longs as that cheese is salt and cholesterol free. (and I write that as someone who likes a glass of wine and who eats his home made hard and soft cheeses every day)...

Back