Dragons Blood

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DDDB & SKEETER PEE are 2 different men dan is the OP DDDB where as LON is skeeter pee or am i mistaken as vassal ?
Dawg
Lon Depoppe is the originator of SP. (sorry I didn’t recognize his last name, usually just referred to as “Lon” haha). David Land (@dangerdave) is the originator of Dragon Blood. It is based on Skeeter Pee. Right from post #3, Dragon Blood has been included in the Skeeter Pee total.

Lon Depoppe is the originator of SP. (sorry I didn’t recognize his last name, usually just referred to as “Lon” haha). David Land (@dangerdave) is the originator of Dragon Blood. It is based on Skeeter Pee. Right from post #3, Dragon Blood has been included in the Skeeter Pee total.
yup and after all these years this was my very first DDDB. at first i was like never again, but after bottle shock was over i am like OH HECK YES, i will make more, i just made a small batch this time, 12 finished gallon DDDB and 6 gallon 1/2 DDDB an 1/2 strawberry, lol , i always go small :sm
Dawg

yep both my grammar, spelling and punctuation all need wuk, hukd on phonix wurry wurd fur mi, BAHWAAA
Dawg

yup and after all these years this was my very first DDDB. at first i was like never again, but after bottle shock was over i am like OH HECK YES, i will make more, i just made a small batch this time, 12 finished gallon DDDB and 6 gallon 1/2 DDDB an 1/2 strawberry, lol , i always go small :sm
Dawg
If you like Skeeter Pee, you should like Dragon Blood. Make it just the same, but add a little fruit or berries to give it that lovely colour, and as little or as much as you like for flavour. Dave still says he likes his original the best, with 1 lb triple berry per gallon. Costco here sells 2 kg bags (4.4 lbs), so I use 2 for 1.5 lbs/gal.

Don’t think of it as fruit wine, where you’re going for that full fruit flavour, think of it as Skeeter Pee, with hints of whatever else you think would go good with lemon.

Oh, and technically, it’s “Dragon Blood”, without the “s” on “Dragon”. I remember reading a short discussion on the subtle difference in meaning, but it was likely somewhere in the >5000 posts in the recipe thread. Everybody knows what you mean, and that’s all that matters, unless you’re doing a search for it - you might miss some results.

If you like Skeeter Pee, you should like Dragon Blood. Make it just the same, but add a little fruit or berries to give it that lovely colour, and as little or as much as you like for flavour. Dave still says he likes his original the best, with 1 lb triple berry per gallon. Costco here sells 2 kg bags (4.4 lbs), so I use 2 for 1.5 lbs/gal.

Don’t think of it as fruit wine, where you’re going for that full fruit flavour, think of it as Skeeter Pee, with hints of whatever else you think would go good with lemon.
that's where i missed it, i added like no tomorrow, i always go heavy, all my SP's has 32 oz lemon concentrate per gallon, so when i went DDDB, well you can see how heavy i went, but after bottle shock, it is very good to me,
Dawg
DDDB WINE 3.jpg

Oh, and technically, it’s “Dragon Blood”, without the “s” on “Dragon”. I remember reading a short discussion on the subtle difference in meaning, but it was likely somewhere in the >5000 posts in the recipe thread. Everybody knows what you mean, and that’s all that matters, unless you’re doing a search for it - you might miss some results.
plus you half to remember, with a permanent tracheostomy tube in my throat, i have to jack up the flavor for me to enjoy the taste,
Dawg

Latest posts

Back