Dragons Blood

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicola

Reaction score
Hi there

my dragons blood has stopped fermenting, at 1020, added more sugar and yeast nutrient to bring it to 1030 but nothing is happening, I started at1080, and am in the secondary now. Any ideas? Ave heated it and tried that

Can you remind us what yeast you are using? How many days had it been at 1.020 before adding more sugar?

By the way, what was your goal in adding more sugar? For sweetening, or to increase the ABV?

Can you remind us what yeast you are using? How many days had it been at 1.020 before adding more sugar?

By the way, what was your goal in adding more sugar? For sweetening, or to increase the ABV?
Thanks...

It was about 2 days before adding the sugar, I think my intention was to get the yeast going, am new to this. And the yeast was the Gervin one as that’s all I could get for the fruit wine

i suggest establishing a yeast starter using EC1118 yeast. use a yeast nutrient like Go-Ferm and rehydrate yeast in 105degf water. once foaming add one cup of wine to starter. once fermenting add two cups continue with addition doubling volume each time the batch begins fermenting until all of must incorporated.

i suggest establishing a yeast starter using EC1118 yeast. use a yeast nutrient like Go-Ferm and rehydrate yeast in 105degf water. once foaming add one cup of wine to starter. once fermenting add two cups continue with addition doubling volume each time the batch begins fermenting until all of must incorporated.
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back